Yes. The following are examples of types of checks that are not able to be deposited through mobile deposit and will need to be deposited at a branch:
- Traveler’s checks
- Foreign checks
- U.S. Postal money orders
- Cashier’s checks
- U.S. Treasury checks
Yes, mobile deposits have transaction and dollar amount limitations.
- See details about mobile deposit limits within digital banking by logging into our mobile app and selecting deposit check.
Visit a branch and our team members can accept deposits that exceed these limits, or you can deposit checks at a TCF ATM.
- Always be in a well-lit area. Make sure there are no shadows cast over the check. If necessary, turn on the flash by selecting the lightning bolt in the lower right corner of the image capture screen.
- Make sure the check is signed by the author of the check, you have endorsed it on the back, the check has a date, the amounts are filled in and the amounts match. Any writing that overlaps the numbers on the bottom of the check may interfere with processing.
- Please note, mobile deposit does not accept every type of check. If you receive an error multiple times, we recommend you visit a branch.
Go to the app store on your mobile device. Search for the TCF Bank mobile app and download it to your device. Use your user ID and password to log in, or enroll in digital banking from the app if you haven't enrolled yet.
- Select the deposit check icon and choose the account for your deposit. Sign the back of the check and write for TCF deposit only below. Place the check on a dark, solid background that is not reflective. Be in a bright location, and make sure no shadows appear on the check.
- Make sure all four corners of the check are showing and are not bent or wrinkled. Verify that all writing on the check, including your signature, is clear. Check that nothing, not even your signature, is obstructing the numbers at the bottom of the check.
- In the app, enter the check amount and click take photos. Hold your device directly over the check, aim its camera at the check and follow the guidelines that appear on screen. Hold your device steady until the app snaps a picture. Do this for the front and back side of your check. Click review, then click submit to confirm.
- If you're still unable to deposit the check using mobile deposit, please visit a branch.
Digital banking suggested topics
How do I start using digital banking?
How do I enroll in digital banking?
I forgot my password or login ID.
How do I make a mobile deposit?
How do I enroll in online statements?
How do I get push notifications?
Have a question?
Tweet us @TCFCares