Online Banking & Email Fraud
TCF Bank will never ask you to provide your Online Banking sign-in ID, Online Banking password or PIN by email, phone, or pop-up message. Learn about online banking and email fraud below.
FDIC Fraudulent Correspondence Alert
Fraudulent TCF Bank look-alike emails asking for personal and confidential information have been sent to some TCF customers. These emails are not from TCF Bank. Do not respond to these emails or click on any links or attachments contained within them. TCF Bank will never ask you to provide your Online Banking sign-in ID or Online Banking password by email.
Access the downloads below to see examples of fraudulent emails sent to TCF customers
How to Report Email Fraud
If you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please forward the email immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org and then delete the email.
If you have already responded to an email you believe is fraudulent, please contact a TCF representative immediately to report your card as stolen.
If you call after business hours, please follow the voice prompts for reporting your card as stolen. Your call will be answered by a Visa® automated processing system.
Email Fraud Examples
- Subject: Online Banking Update Notice
- Subject: Online Banking Alert. Reconfirm your Billing Information
- Subject: Message Alert - You Have 1 Important Message
- Subject: Unauthorized Login Access Denied
- Subject: Your TCF Account Has Been Suspended
- Subject: Online Banking Notice (February 2008)
- Subject: Important Notice (February 2008)
- Subject: Security Notice Alerts(Online Banking Security Access)
- Subject: Update Your TCF Online Banking.
- Subject: TCF Bank Security Update Notification
- Subject: You have 1 new secure message
- Subject: TCF Debit Card Alert
- Subject: TCF National Bank Security Message
- Subject: Important Online Banking Alert
- Subject: TCF Bank Verification Required
- Subject: Confirm Your Identity
- Subject: Dear TCF customer
- Subject: Important Action Required
- Subject: TCF Bank e-mail verification