We want your experience at TCF ATMs to be convenient and safe. To ensure your safety when using any ATM, follow these important tips:
- Look around and observe your surroundings - if the ATM is poorly lit or is in a hidden area, use another location.
- Have your card ready. Don't go through your wallet or purse to find your card while stopped at the ATM.
- Don't leave your keys or valuables in your car when using an ATM, and don't leave your car engine running.
- Make sure people waiting behind you to use the ATM can't see you entering your PIN or transaction amount.
- If you are using an indoor ATM that requires your card to open the door, look inside before entering. Don't let anyone come in with you who you do not know.
- Lock the car doors and roll up the other windows when you use a drive-through ATM.
- Cancel your transaction and leave immediately if you see anything suspicious. Verify as soon as possible with TCF Bank that the transaction was canceled.
- Don't count your cash while standing at the ATM! Put your cash, card, and receipt away immediately.
- Never leave your receipt behind. Always take it with you. Compare your ATM receipts to your monthly statement. It is the best way to guard against fraud and it makes record keeping easier for you.
- If you lose your TCF check card or your ATM card, contact TCF Bank immediately.
Your Card and PIN
- Protect your ATM card from damage by keeping it in a safe place - don't allow it to bend or be scratched.
- Memorize your PIN. If you must write down your PIN, don't keep it in your wallet, purse, or on the card itself.
- When selecting a PIN, avoid numbers and letters that can be easily identified or associated with you. Don't use your initials, birth date, telephone number, or home address.
In case you lose your card - be sure to know the emergency phone numbers for TCF Bank.