You are required to use an online banking password to access your account information online at TCF and an account PIN to use other electronic services at TCF like the Automated Balance Phone and ATMs.
TCF employees will never ask you to tell them your account PIN or online banking password or ask that you write your PIN or password for them. If someone phones you claiming to be a TCF Bank representative and asks for your PIN or password, do not give it out. Ask for identification and contact us immediately to report the incident.
It is very important that you keep your PIN and password secure to prevent unauthorized use of your account. If you feel that your PIN or password is no longer secure, contact us immediately.
Tips to keep your PIN and password secure:
- Choose a PIN and password that others cannot guess
- Do not tell anyone else your PIN or password
- Never send a PIN or password by email
- Consider changing your PIN and password regularly
- Do not leave your PIN or password where someone else can find it. Keep it safe.