We are committed to making our products and services available to individuals with disabilities. We provide talking ATMs that meet Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements. We offer aids and services for customers who have visual or other impairments. We provide a TTY phone number for customer service. Our friendly branch team members will assist any customer or prospective customer, such as by reading important documents aloud and helping customers complete forms.
Find a branch.
All of our ATMs offer the talking ATM feature and meet the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) height and reach requirements. Talking ATMs deliver audio information through any standard personal headset (3.5 mm jack), which allows individuals with visual impairments to use our ATMs while keeping their account information private. You may use your own compatible headset, or we will provide one for you at no charge. To find an accessible ATM, use our ATM locator, ask a team member at any TCF branch, or contact us at 1-800-TCFBANK (823-2265) or 1-800-343-6145 (TTY). If you need a headset, ask a team member at any TCF branch, or contact us at 1-800-TCFBANK (823-2265) or 1-800-343-6145 (TTY).
We offer aids and services to assist individuals with disabilities, including:
- We offer alternate statement formats and other printed material. We provide bank statements and other legally required communications in Braille, large print and audio CD formats. If you need other information in an accessible format, we will work with you to determine effective means to communicate the information. This might mean having the document converted to Braille, large print or audio format.
- We offer sight (raised-line) checks for customers with visual impairments. These checks are larger checks (8 ½ inches wide by 3 inches tall) with bold lettering and raised text and lines. To order sight checks, call us or talk to a team member at any TCF branch. If you are enrolled in digital banking, you can order sight checks by selecting the Accounts tab, choosing the account name and selecting the button Order checks. Select Shop Full Catalog, then Checks, and under special purpose, select click here to see more and choose Sight Check.
- Team members will assist customers with writing checks and online bill payment.
- We provide a TTY telephone line to provide customer service to our customers with hearing impairments (1-800-343-6145).
We are committed to creating a satisfying and meaningful online user experience for people with disabilities. Online accessibility features include:
- Screen reader applications. TCF's website is designed to be screen reader friendly. Screen reader users can usually navigate our website using the tab and arrow keys or keyboard shortcuts.
- Skip navigation. Screen reader users can use this option to skip the main, side, and footer navigation links and directly view the main content of any page for ease of use.
- ALT Tags in graphics. All our graphics have ALT Tags describing the respective image. This allows persons with physical or technical limitations to collect the information provided by the image.
- Adjusting browser text size and color. Your internet browser allows you to change the accessibility setting to adjust the text size. To adjust the text in most browsers, please try the following instructions: Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Click Accessibility -> Check Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages -> Click OK. The browser will then respond to the View -> Text size changes.
- Captions for deaf individuals. Shown within each video or below each video will be a PDF script giving individuals with hearing disabilities the ability to read video scripts.
- Minimized screen flicker frequency. TCF's website has little video, flash, or moving on-screen presentations to minimize flicker, movement, or rotations and is designed to avoid causing the screen to flicker with a frequency greater than 2 Hz and lower than 55 Hz.
We know that accessibility is important, and that our customers with disabilities may have other needs. If you have any questions or concerns about accessibility at TCF, call us at 1-800-TCFBANK (823-2265) or 1-800-343-6145 (TTY), or visit a branch to speak with a TCF team member.