TCF is committed to providing persons with visual impairments access to its products and services. All employees with customer contact can assist any person with visual impairments, customer or non-customer, within all TCF branches
TCF provides the Talking ATM feature at all of TCF ATMs. Talking ATMs deliver audio information through any standard personal headset (3.5mm), making it possible for people with visual impairments to use the ATM while ensuring their security.
To find a Talking ATM, customers can use our ATM locator, ask a TCF Representative at any TCF branch, or contact Customer Service.
Customers may use their own headset (3.5mm jack) to access the Talking ATM or request one from us at no charge. To request a headset, call Customer Service or visit a TCF branch.
Auxiliary aids and services include the following:
- Alternate statement formats and other printed material.
- TCF offers bank statements and legally required communications in Braille, large print and audio CD format. If the customer requests a copy of a printed document other than a bank statement or legally required communication, TCF will determine if there are any other effective means to communicate the information. This might mean having the document converted to Braille, large print or audio format.
- TCF offers Sight (raised-line) Checks for customers who are visually impaired. Sight Checks are larger checks (8 1/2 inches wide by 3 inches tall) with bold lettering and raised text and lines.
- To order Sight Checks, customers can call Customer Service or talk to a TCF Representative at any TCF branch. Customers enrolled in Online Banking can also order Sight Checks by selecting the Services tab in Online Banking.
- An alternative to Sight Checks is Online Bill Payment and check-writing assistance by branch staff.
- A hearing impaired Customer Service phone line: (800) 343-6145 or (612) 339-3075 if calling from a Twin Cities metro area code.
We are committed to creating a satisfying and meaningful online user experience for people with disabilities. Online accessibility features include:
- Screen reader applications. TCF's website is designed to be screen reader friendly. Screen reader users can usually navigate our website using the tab and arrow keys or keyboard shortcuts.
- Skip navigation. Screen reader users can use this option to skip the main, side, and footer navigation links and directly view the main content of any page for ease of use.
- ALT Tags in graphics. All our graphics have ALT Tags describing the respective image. This allows persons with physical or technical limitations to collect the information provided by the image.
- Adjusting browser text size and color. Your internet browser allows you to change the accessibility setting to adjust the text size. To adjust the text in most browsers, please try the following instructions: Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Click Accessibility -> Check Ignore font sizes specified on Web pages -> Click OK. The browser will then respond to the View -> Text size changes.
- Captions for deaf individuals. Shown within each video or below each video will be a PDF script giving individuals with hearing disabilities the ability to read video scripts.
- Minimized screen flicker frequency. TCF's website has little video, flash, or moving on-screen presentations to minimize flicker, movement, or rotations and is designed to avoid causing the screen to flicker with a frequency greater than 2 Hz and lower than 55 Hz.
If you have any questions, suggestions, or complaints about accessibility at TCF, call Customer Service or visit a TCF branch to talk to a TCF Representative.